[Live-devel] creating a simple RTP server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jul 22 16:51:41 PDT 2007

>I have media in some unknown format, but already divided into
>frames, cached in memory.
>I want to start streaming immediately to a known client ip/port.

Sorry, but RTP payload formats (network packing rules) are designed
for specific media types.  If you don't know the format of your
media, then you can't stream it using RTP (and can't stream it using
the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software).

Are you *sure* that you don't know anything about the format of your media?