[Live-devel] buffered RTSP to multiple clients

Nikos Antonopoulos nantonop at orbitech.gr
Mon Jul 23 07:15:04 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to get RTSP streaming to work though a buffer. I am
using a named pipe filled by mencoder.
My aim is to have multiple clients viewing the "stream". I've tried
using the 'testOnDemandRTSPServer' from the
testProgs directory and set the reuseFirstSource flag to true.

// To make the second and subsequent client for each stream reuse the same
// input stream as the first client (rather than playing the file from the
// start for each client), change the following "False" to "True":
Boolean reuseFirstSource = True     // was False

I have been trying to view the stream though an mplayer client and
through an STB. Regardless of which goes first it connects and gets the
stream nicely. The 2nd (either mplayer or STB) however can't connect
properly and the reported problem "out of date/stray packets" or similar.
However, this DOES work as expected with 2 mplayer clients...

Any clues why that is would be most welcome...

thanks in advance
Nik