[Live-devel] openRTSP -r -p

Rutherford, Robert rruthe02 at harris.com
Thu Jul 26 07:27:31 PDT 2007

Ross,

We are trying to determine the bottleneck in playback of streamed MPEG2
on our PPC Linux system.  When running openRTSP with no arguments, we
see poor throughput because the CPU is running at 100%
(http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2007-July/007238.html).
To get around this, we are using openRTSP with the -r and -p options
(openRTSP -r -p 20006 rtsp://192.168.1.9:8554/path/video.ts) and
receiving the RTP data with a separate application (just receiving it,
counting how much we receive, and throwing it away).  However, at 45
seconds, our RTP streaming stops (consistently).  The video file is
definitely longer than this (and works properly without -r -p).  We
believe it may be related to the server not receiving some sort of
heartbeat (maybe via RTCP).  Can you offer insight in to what might be
happening?

Thanks,
Rob Rutherford
Harris Corporation