[Live-devel] muticast stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 26 08:48:22 PDT 2007

>Hi Everyone,

I'm using the "PasssiveServerMediaSubsession" to stream multicast.

>But i'm little confused, Where can i decide who will get the stream?

I don't really understand your question.  Because your stream is
multicast, any RTSP client that plays it will receive the same
stream.  (Provided, of course, that multicast routing exists between
the server and these clients.)

>I don't want to broadcast the stream, i want only predefined clients
>to play it.

Multicast is not broadcast.  If you multicast a stream, then only
those clients that ask to receive the stream will receive it.