[Live-devel] About Streaming MP4 through RTSP

Xianqing Ma xqma at marvell.com
Tue Jul 31 19:33:02 PDT 2007

Hi:

       The live555 media server supports the format of MPEG4 Elementary
Stream. But I do not know what the m4e file is.

The mp4 files that I have with the suffix of mp4 cannot be streamed by
live555. (I tested it by VLC). I used MediaInfo to check the format of
these files and found that they are composed of the MPEG4 Visual
(Video), AAC (Audio) or H264 (Video), AAC (Audio).

How can I stream these files? Does the live555 media server support the
format? If not, how can I get the m4e files?

Thank you!

Best regards