[Live-devel] UDP checksum wrong

Julian Lamberty julian.lamberty at mytum.de
Fri Jun 1 01:15:42 PDT 2007

Hi!

Since my transcoder now transcodes I have a new problem:

I deliver complete MPEG4 Frames to MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer
followed by MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink.
But all the packets sent have a wrong UDP checksum. Wireshark reports
that a lot of subsequent UDP packets have the SAME checksum. For example:

Checksum: 0xb63d [incorrect, should be 0x9e8c]
Checksum: 0xb63d [incorrect, should be 0x9e8b]
Checksum: 0xb63d [incorrect, should be 0x9e8a]
Checksum: 0xb63d [incorrect, should be 0x9e89]

Additionally all the packets do have the same Length (347 in the example
above).
It also seems strange that the correct checksum should decrease by 0x1
for each packet. What's the problem here? How can that be?

Julian