[Live-devel] Synchronizing audio and video streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 1 12:53:52 PDT 2007

>So I tried to use your RTSP server but it didn't change the situation.
>My streams are still diverting. I investigated the problem further and
>fond out, that live555 queries my sound source much more often than it
>queries the video source. I suspect it has something to do with data
>size

No, that shouldn't matter.  If you (ii) give your data (audio and
video) accurate presentation times (the "fPresentationTime" variable)
- tied to the local 'wall clock' time (e.g., using "gettimeofday()"),
and (ii) use RTCP (by creating "RTCPInstance" objects for each
"RTPSink"), then audio/video sync *will* work correctly at the client
end.