[Live-devel] FramedFilter questions

Julian Lamberty julian.lamberty at mytum.de
Sat Jun 2 02:59:00 PDT 2007

Hi!

I've some questions related to the FramedFilter class. I subclassed it
to transcode a MPEG2 Stream to MPEG4. So the structure of my program
looks like:

MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource -> Transcoder (my class) ->
MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer -> MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink

My Transcoder class reads data as long as it is able to decode one
frame. When one frame has been decoded it is passed to an encoder
(ffmpeg) which writes one complete frame into the fTo buffer (limited by
fMaxSize).

The problem is that the MPEG4 stream I send seems to be totally
corrupted. Thus I have some questions:

Which variables do I have to set before I pass data to
MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer? Do I need to care about
fpresentationTime, fdurationInMicrosecond? If yes, how do they have to
be set? Right now I just set them to the values I get from the source
(presentationTime, durationIn Microseconds (which equals -1 btw)). Is
this correct?

I'm somehow stuck right now, I do not know whats wrong. When I just pass
packets everything works fine (of course I use another structure then:
MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource -> Transcoder (just memcpys) ->
MPEG2VideoStreamDiscreteFramer -> MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink).

Ideas and help appreciated ;)

Thanks!

Julian