[Live-devel] Problem Streaming MPEG4ES from buffer

Julian Lamberty julian.lamberty at mytum.de
Wed Jun 6 06:25:03 PDT 2007

Hi Severin!

How did you do that, I'm trying exactly the same. But when I use
MPEG4VideoStreamFramer instead of the discrete one I get errors that say:

StreamParser::afterGettingBytes() warning: read 23329 bytes; expected no
more than 10026
MultiFramedRTPSink::afterGettingFrame1(): The input frame data was too
large for our buffer size (60752).  90747 bytes of trailing data was
dropped!  Correct this by increasing "OutPacketBuffer::maxSize" to at
least 151499, *before* creating this 'RTPSink'.  (Current value is 60000.)
MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectLayer(): This appears to be a
'short video header', which we current don't support

[mpeg4 @ 0xa23148]buffer smaller than minimum size

I use the following code to fill the buffer:

enc_bytes = avcodec_encode_video(enc_codec_ctx, outbuf, fMaxSize,
dec_frame);
if(enc_bytes >= 0)
                {
                    memcpy(fTo, outbuf, enc_bytes);

                    if(enc_bytes > fMaxSize)
                    {
                        fFrameSize = fMaxSize;
                        fNumTruncatedBytes = enc_bytes - fMaxSize;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        fFrameSize = enc_bytes;
                        fNumTruncatedBytes = 0;
                    }
                    fPresentationTime = presentationTime;
                    fDurationInMicroseconds = durationInMicroseconds;
                }
    afterGetting(this);

Would be very nice if you could help me finding my mistake...

Thanks!

Julian