[Live-devel] PTS for Program Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 6 06:45:30 PDT 2007

>        We are using Live 555 streaming media server to stream MPEG 2 PS to
>the set top box.
>         The server will stream audio and video on seperate ports for program
>stream.
>         After receiving the streams on client side, how to calculate PTS?

Are you using our software to develop your client?  If not, then we
can't help you - sorry.

If, however, you are using our software to develop your client, then
the presentation timestamp for each piece of data read from a
"RTPSource" object is passed - as a parameter - to the 'after
getting' function that was previously passed in the call to
"getNextFrame" on the "RTPSource" object.  (Note the many examples in
the code.)

>         Whether we have to use RTP timestamp values for this?

No.  Our software automatically calculates the presentation time from
the RTP timestamps and RTCP reports.  You don't need to calculate
this yourself - instead, just use the "presentationTime" parameter.