[Live-devel] SeqNo

homocean at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de homocean at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed Jun 6 07:46:14 PDT 2007

>>Is there any posibility to access this information (the sequence numbers
>>that make up each frame) from mplayer without modifying any live source
>
> No.

My goal is to optimize mplayer based on live for wlan streaming. But I am
not allowed to modify the live library. If I do not have access to the
sequence numbers that make up a frame how can I tell if a frame got lost?
It would be at least helpful to know the seq no of each frame. I tried
interrogating the bufferQueue->rtpSource()->curPacketRTPSeqNum() before
each getBuffer(), but this does not behave as I would have expected. The
seqNo I get does not correspond to the beginning of the frame I read with
getBuffer. And this is because live continues receiving rtp packets from
the server before mplayer receives its buffered frame (if I understood
wrong please correct me).

Is there another way of finding out if a frame(or parts of it) got lost?
Or is it the last solution to implements my own rtp client and link it to
mplayer(I might not have enough time for that)?

Regards,
Silviu