[Live-devel] Speed Header Implementation in media Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 13 06:37:28 PDT 2007

>Hi all,
>
>We want to implement Speed Header  to deliver data to the client at
>a particular speed as per RFC 2326 .
>Presently this feature is not supported in LIVE555 media server.

Almost noone implements the "Speed:" header, and in fact, because of
this, the IETF is considering removing it from future revisions of
the RTSP standard.

Do you understand that the "Speed:" header is *not* intended to be
used for 'fast forward' play?  Fast forward play is implemented using
the "Scale:" header is used (which our server already supports, for
some media types.