[Live-devel] One stream to multiple clients

Tom Deblauwe tom.deblauwe at vsk.be
Wed Jun 13 08:19:29 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a question about streaming 1 stream to multiple clients. For
example a live camera stream, coming from a driver which delivers the
video in a callback function(in my case). So I get this one stream from
the camera, and 'somehow' give it to the  livemedia library. But suppose
multiple clients want to see it at the same time, using a TCP connection
or a non-multicast UDP 'connection'. So two clients ask e.g.
"rtsp://ipaddress/showCam?1". So they should both see the same video. Do
I need to worry about duplicating the stream to those 2 clients, or does
the library take care of that? If not, how should I go about doing such
a thing?

Thanks a lot,
Best regards
Tom Deblauwe