[Live-devel] How to use setMediaSessionParameter() and getMediaSessionParameter() from LIVE555 media Server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 14 05:38:19 PDT 2007

>But by looking at the codebase i found that the corresponding API's
>in file RTSPClient.c
>

>1) Boolean setMediaSessionParameter()
>2) Boolean getMediaSessionParameter();
>

>can be used for sending GET_PARAMETER and SET_PARAMETER  request
>only from RTSP Client and not from MediaServer .
>
>Please tell me how I can  use these two API/s  from LIVE555 media server

You can't, because those functions are defined in the "RTSPClient"
class - i.e., a RTSP client, not a RTSP server.

If you really want to implement these two requests in our RTSP
*server* implementation, then you would need to modify "RTSPServer"
class.  (Note that there's already a stub there for implementing
"GET_PARAMETER".)  You're on your own here...