[Live-devel] MPEG4 RTP transmission

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Fri Jun 15 02:15:20 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> i think testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer is not using RTSP (correct me if i
>> am wrong) so .. can't MPEG4 media be also transmitted in the same way
>> through testMPEG4VideoStreamer ...
>
> No - MPEG-4 video is different.
>
> Because this is a frequently asked question, I have now added it to the FAQ:
>         http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#rtsp-needed
Sorry for jumping in this thread, but this new FAQ makes me curious: is
the out-of-band transmission of MPEG4 global headers mandatory?

I mean: my understanding of reading RFC 3016 is that configuration
information may be transmitted out-of-band, but we are not forced to do
so... Did I misunderstand something?

			Thanks,
				Luca