[Live-devel] Fwd: Sink taking too long to call doGetNextFrame - bad fDurationInMicroseconds?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 17 13:30:29 PDT 2007

>Now - MPEG PES can be very large (up to 65535 bytes). So the first
>problem is: the MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink has fMaxSize set o 60000 bytes
>- so sometimes I get erros because it says I should make
>MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink's buffer larger. Anyone can tell how I do that?

Yes, add
	OutPacketBuffer::maxSize = 70000;
to your code, before you create any "RTPSink"s (or create a "RTSPServer").

>By the way, I always set fDurationInMicroseconds=0 and
>gettimeofday(&fPresentationTime, NULL); inside deliverFrame( ). Is
>this correct?

Using "gettimeofday()" to set "fPresentationTime" is correct.
However, you should not set "fDurationInMicroseconds" to zero
(otherwise the "RTPSink" object will ask for more data immediately
after sending it).  Instead, you should set "fDurationInMicroseconds"
to the actual frame duration,.

>  Does this influence the rate at which sinks ask for more data from a source?

Yes, "fDurationInMicroseconds" determines the rate at which the
"RTPSink" asks for more data from its source (see
"MultiFramedRTPSink.cpp", line 307).