[Live-devel] calling a function each time a new user joins a multicast stream?

Clem Taylor clem.taylor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:17:47 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm adding some code to insert an IVOP in a live MPEG4 stream each
time a new user joins the stream. In the unicast case I just redefined
startStream in my  OnDemandServerMediaSubsession subclass and sent a
message to the encoder to insert an IVOP. This works great. However,
the OnDemandServerMediaSubsession class is not used in the multicast
case.  I'm not sure where is the right place to insert my code. Should
I just subclass PassiveServerMediaSubsession and redefine startStream,
or is there another preferred place to add some code when a new user
joins a multicast stream? This may be a stupid question, so feel free
to laugh...

                             Thanks,
                             Clem