[Live-devel] (no subject)

Mojtaba Hosseini MHosseini at newheights.com
Fri Jun 22 06:07:35 PDT 2007

On the sender side, the output buffer is encapsulated wihtin the OutPacketBuffer class (see MediaSink.cpp). In its
constructor, a buffer is allocated (called fBuf). It is *that* buffer that gets passed to the input source. Ex: MultiFramedRTPsink class
passes the pointer to the fBuf buffer (by calling the curPtr() method of OutPacketBuffer class) to the source (through the
getNextFrame method of the source). This pointer is called 'fTo' wihtin the context of the source. The same goes for
the 'fMaxSize': it is the size of the OutPacketBuffer passed from the sink to the source in the 'getNextFrame'.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the maximum size of the output buffer is hardcoded to be 60KBytes. You need to change this value if
your output is larger than this (see OutPacketBuffer:maxSize in MediaSink.cpp ).
Would it make sense to allow the user to change this maximum value dynamically? In my application I had to increase the
hardcoded 60KBytes and recompile the live555Media library.
The same goes for the receiver side buffer.

Mojtaba Hosseini