[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer & h264...

Nikos Antonopoulos nantonop at orbitech.gr
Mon Jun 25 10:59:20 PDT 2007

hi everyone,

I've been trying to use trick play by creating an index file (using
MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer) for an MPEG-TS (h264/mp3) file.
I've has no luck with it - been getting an empty index file.

I understand that the indexer is designed to work with mpeg1-2 files.
Question is whether I should spend some time into making this handle
h264 files as well. Would that be too difficult?

I've taken my slim chances with a quick and very naive hack in
MPEG2IFrameIndexFromTransportStream::analyzePMT()
 if (stream_type == 1 || stream_type == 2) {
      fVideo_PID = elementary_PID;
      return;
    }

and added
|| stream_type == 27 (you can see the desperation surely...)

and got the point of a filled index file but naturally the index is
messed up i think and trick play does not work properly...

If anyone lend an expert opinion on this i'd be very grateful...

Thanks
Nik