[Live-devel] Help with the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer

Russell Brennan rjbrennn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:12:22 PDT 2007

If I understand your question correctly, you are simply asking if packets
are sent when startPlaying() is called. I believe the answer is no,
doEventLoop() calls a function called SingleStep() in a while loop.  Each
time SingleStep() is executed, a packet is sent.  That's as deep as I
understand it.

Russell

On 6/26/07, Joan Manuel Zabala <neo_star2007 at yahoo.es> wrote:

> hello! I wanted that somebody could help me. saying to me, if the testing
> program to testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer when arriving at the point where
> startPlaying() is called to the function initiates the transmission of the
> video through the network. or on the contrary I must make a function so that
> it initiates the shipment of packages to the network and how I could do it.
> on the other hand, if I have a receiving program of video by RTP when
> unloading the data from the network and startPlaying() is called to the
> function, after that begins the reproduction of the video or I must use a
> decoder to part?
> I ask this, because I am making a project for reception of live video
> using RTP/RTCP/RTSP, and must soon give the results of this development,
> more or less for half-full of Julio, and I am on the brink of madness,
> please if somebody could help me would thank for it. because it is my
> project of graduation and it is very important for my.
> of before hand, thanks.
> *Joan Zabala -  Venezuela*

Russell Brennan
RJBrennn at gmail.com