[Live-devel] Use live555 library as a streaming server--

weiyutao36 weiyutao36 at 163.com
Fri Jun 29 07:24:19 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,
I want to use live555 streaming Media library as a streaming server and I have serveral questions:
(1) Can the live555 library be used in a practical application, for example, a VoD system, as a streaming server?
(2) How many concurrent users can it support, or does it have a limit on the number of concurrent users?
(3) Can the streaming server run stably for normal use?
(4) I know that currently the server can stream mpeg-4 elementary stream and want to know further:     a) do you have the plan to make the library support  streaming a mpeg-4 file        including audio and video;       b) is it possible for myself to modify  the code to make it have this        functionality? If it is possible, what should I do? Thank you VERY much. (so many questions) -------------------Yutao Wei