[Live-devel] Index file for H264 over mpeg2ts

Jeff Furlong jlfurlong at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:48:12 PST 2007

Hi Ross,

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look at this file yet, but I did notice in the MPEG2IndexFromTransportStream.cpp file, that it is currently only looking for stream types 1 or 2.  For H264, the stream type is 27.  I did modify it and tried it, and I got a tsx output file of about 40KB.  It obviously still didn't work, but at least it was able to find the video PID.  Anyway, just a note so that when and if you get a chance to look at it, it may save you a few minutes.

Jeff

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:18:00 -0800To: live-devel at ns.live555.comFrom: finlayson at live555.comSubject: Re: [Live-devel] Index file for H264 over mpeg2ts

I've seen some recent posts regarding H.264 - specifically one regarding the creation of index files.  I have placed an HD H.264 sample clip from a live encoder and was wondering if someone (Ross ?) could take a look to see what would be required to be able to support indexing?
You can access the file here: http://www.geeknet.ca/~temp/tenten16-2.ts

Thanks.  (I'm downloading this now.)--

Ross FinlaysonLive Networks, Inc.http://www.live555.com/