[Live-devel] Raw UDP streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 8 06:11:09 PST 2007

>Please could you help me to configure the wis-streamer to stream raw
>udp rather than standard
>RTP streaming. I'm using an Amino IP STB that only acepts raw udp.
>It's possible ?

Yes - this is already supported by "wis-streamer" (and our other RTSP
server applications, such as the "LIVE555 Media Server"
<http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/>).  Note, however, that the
stream must be unicast on demand - not multicast, because the Amino
STBs (at least, the ones that I have tested) do not handle multicast
streams.

Note also that if you use an Amino STB client to play your stream,
then *all* clients must be Amino STBs.  Because of limitations of the
software, you cannot mix Amino STBs with other clients (such as VLC)
that request RTP/UDP streaming.

>Another question what is the bandwitdh limit for the wis-streamer.

The application itself has no inherent bandwidth limit.  The only
limits are those imposed (indirectly) by your hardware, OS, and
network.