[Live-devel] livemedia & mplayer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 11 17:29:02 PDT 2007

>I have find a bug (i think...) in the way that mplayer use livemedia.
>When i stream with mplayer from DSS, in "connected user" of Darwin i see
>2 connection from the same host...

By "connection", do you mean TCP connection?  If so, then yes, it
probably is a bug, but Remember, You Have Complete Source Code, which
will enable you to track it down.

If by "connection", however, you mean UDP socket, then this is normal
- there's one socket for RTP, and one for RTCP, for each media type.
So, if the stream contains both audio and video, then there will be 4
UDP sockets.