[Live-devel] Multicast over Wireless LAN

#TAY KOON HWEE# TAYK0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Mar 13 01:38:44 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

I have the following problem with multicasting. My program installed in my PC is able to unicast to laptops/PDA connected wireless to my router. However, for multicasting, it only works for devices connected by LAN cable to my router. Therefore PDA will not be able to receive the multicast while laptop if connected via LAN cable to the router will be able to receive the multicast.

Weird thing is if my program installed on my laptop (wireless connected to my router) is about to stream (unicast and multcast) to devices connected by wires to the router.

Does the RTCP Bandwidth got to do with it? I have set my estimatedSessionBandwidthVideo = 512.

Can anyone advise on the above problem?

Thank you and regards.

zkunhui