[Live-devel] RTSP message format for FF & FR

Susovan Ghosh susovan at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Mar 15 22:38:59 PDT 2007

Hi all,
       we are able to stream MPEG2 ts file to the STB by Live 555 ,and it is
ok. Now we want fast forward and fast rewind functionality to implement.we
know that we have to
      change scale value.
       We have print state ment to display the message from client and
tested with VLC and Quick time player.It displayed all
DESCRIBE,SETUP,PLAY,PAUSE
       messages.But it is not displaying anything for FF & FR.
       So can any one help me to let me know waht is the format or can we do
this with this message format --

   C->S: PLAY rtsp://server IP/Movie name  RTSP/1.0
            CSeq: 835
            Session: 12345678
            Scale = 2.0                               For Fast Forward
            Range: npt=10-15

   C->S: PLAY rtsp://server IP/Movie name  RTSP/1.0
            CSeq: 835
            Session: 12345678
            Scale = -2.0                               For Fast Rewind
            Range: npt=10-15

   Thank You

SUSOVAN GHOSH
PH No-9986667320