[Live-devel] Units and meanings of members/functions in TransmissionStats

Martin marthi at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Mon Mar 19 07:47:54 PDT 2007

Hello Ross,

I looked into the source code to get the exact meaning of members and
functions in TransmissionStats. Since I'm not sure about everything, I
would be really glad if you could confirm the units and meanings below:

1) I think that both
lastSRTime()
diffSR_RRTime()
return the time in units of 1/65536 seconds. Is that right?

2) timeCreated():
I always receive a constant value. Is that the NTP time the session was
created?

3) lastTimeReceived()
Does it return the NTP time the last report was received (for
calculation of round trip delay)?

4) lastPacketNumReceived()
Is that the "extended highest sequence number received" as defined in
RFC3550?

Thank you very much for your help!

Martin