[Live-devel] WinCE select issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 20 11:26:14 PDT 2007

>I have a version built and running on a wince device which will
>accept rtsp requests from other devices.  In this case I'm using raw
>udp as the video transport.  The rtsp handshaking works fine, but as
>soon as the PLAY command is received, the server attempts to send
>out the video over UDP and the select() method in the
>BasicTaskScheduler exits with an error code WSAEINVAL. I've noticed
>the comment about windows which required a dummy readable socket, so
>I tried this for WinCE.  Now, after it creates the dummy socket it
>never returns from the select() command.

Until your server receives another RTSP command, the only way you'll
return from select() is with a timeout, specifying some delayed task
that needs to be performed.  If you are streaming your UDP data
properly, this delayed task will have been generated by the call to
"scheduleDelayedTask\" - in "BasicUDPSink.cpp", line 94.

I suggest checking whether the call to "scheduleDelayedTask()" in in
"BasicUDPSink.cpp", line 94 is actually occurring, and, if so,
whether "uSecondsToGo" has a reasonable value.