[Live-devel] Multiple Payload Types on RTP (DTMF Support)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 8 09:48:09 PDT 2007

FYI, the way we will be implementing this (In the released "LIVE555
Streaming Media" code) will be to update the "RTPInterface" and
"MultiFramedRTPSource" classes to handle the reception of more than
one RTP payload type on the same network interface (and
demultiplexing to the appropriate "RTPSource" object, based on the
RTP payload type code).  Also, we'll update the "MediaSession"  code
to recognize and handle more than one payload format code in a SDP
"m=" line.

Then, specifically for DTMF, we'll define and implement new
"DTMFRTPSource" and "DTMFRTPSink" classes.

(I.e., DTMF will use the existing source->sink mechanism, without change.)