[Live-devel] RTSP source for VDR

Olivier DJIAN odjosc at free.fr
Fri May 11 14:35:34 PDT 2007

Hi,

Finally, I succeeded writing the MediaSink object and all seems to work fine.
However, on an Athlon 1800+ computer, VDR consumes 100% CPU when plugin with
liveMedia is used (RTSP source) and 3% if not (using a DVB PCI card source).

I wonder how the "forever loop" works (e.g.
env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop())

Does someone have suggestions to help me diagnose where in my liveMedia using
there is some excessive cpu-consuming code (I don't make any video decoding
nor encoding with liveMedia as VDR uses TS stream directly) ?

Thanks for your help.
Olivier.