[Live-devel] H.264 streaming

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Tue May 15 01:54:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

serkan bozkurt wrote:
> Since DVB-H is a live streaming there is no RTCP   and
>  RTSP implementation just RTP is implemented.
I think this is not fully correct... DVB-H is unidirectional, so there
is no RTSP server, but RTCP packets are obviously sent.

I succesfully played various DVB-H streams with vlc, for example. You
just need the SDP describing the stream (if you don't have it, you will
have to parse the ESG for obtaining an SDP, but that's not easy).

I do not remember the details, but I am pretty sure I've been able to
play a DVB-H stream with mplayer too (you just need to compile mplayer
with live555 libraries).

> So what should I do to make a h.264 file from a RTP
> stream?
You can use vlc, for example... Or you can use the live555 libraries to
write a program that downloads a stream given the SDP describing it (I
did something similar some time ago... I remember it was quite easy, but
I do not remember the details; if you search the mailing list archives,
you'll find a mail from Ross explaining how to write such program).

				Luca