[Live-devel] How to debug livemedia library with mplayer

weiyutao36 weiyutao36 at 163.com
Mon May 21 18:06:03 PDT 2007

Hi Jerry,To debug the liveMdeia library, you may have to recompile the MPlayer and liveMedia library. 1/ Before compiling liveMedia, in the first line of file "config.linux"--COMPILE_OPTS = $ (INCLUDES) -I -O2 -DSOCKLEN_T...,add the "-g" option as follows:  COMPILE_OPTS = $ (INCLUDES) -I -O2 -g -DSOCKLEN_T...2/ When you configure MPlayer, add "--enable-debug=3" in the configure options as follows: ./configure --enable-gui --enable-live --enable-debug=3 ... After these 2 steps, you can debug the MPlayer in kdbg or insight weekly and you can debug into liveMedia library.Hope this can help you. Yutao Wei
在2007-05-21,"jerry zhao" <zhj.zhao at gmail.com> 写道:
Hello,
I compiled livemedia library and used mplayer to playback live streaming. Now I can playback the live streaming. But I don't know how it works. So I want to debug livemedia library and mplyer.  My operate system is SUSE Linux. Firstly I set up a server using the testOnDemandRTSPServer. When I use gdb to debug mplayer, I always got "Segmentation fault". So Could anyone tell me how to debug livemedia library and mplayer with live streaming?
Any idea would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Jerry