[Live-devel] SeqNo

homocean at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de homocean at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Mon May 28 14:43:26 PDT 2007

Hello *,
     I have a question regarding the interface between the live
library and mplayer. As expected, in the case of bigger frames, they are
split in more RTP packages. These packages, are put together in live and
assembled in a bigger package, that contains the whole frame. How could I
have access from mplayer (ReadBufferQueue class, of the demux_rtp.cpp) to
the number of rtp packages each frame has been composed from?
I can tell if there is loss at mplayer level by inspecting the last
sequence number from bufferQueue->rtpSource->curPacketRTPSeqNum() before
and after calling the getBuffer(...) in the demux_rtp_fill_buffer function
of demux_rtp.cpp file. But I can not know if there are multiple frames
lost or just one. If I could know how many RTPpackets each frame is
composed on at live level it would be enough to find out how many frames
were lost.
Any information would be helpful.

Regards,
Silviu Homoceanu.