[Live-devel] RTSP Client - ANNOUNCE

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 5 22:11:40 PST 2007

>Hello everyone,
>
>I would like to ask a question about how to let the RTSP Client can
>receive the ANNOUNCE message from RTSP Server.

I stand corrected.  I looked at the RTSP 1.0 specification once
again, and see that it does, in fact, allow for "ANNOUNCE" to be sent
from the server to the client.  However, our libraries do not support
this (at either the server or client level).

The "ANNOUNCE" command is not widely implemented.  Because of this,
it has been removed from the RTSP 2.0 specification.