[Live-devel] RTP/RTSP Streaming Trouble

Atkins, Sarah satkin05 at harris.com
Wed Nov 14 10:23:49 PST 2007

I have a some transport stream files which play back fine locally using
VLC. However, when I stream those files to VLC via the
live555MediaServer, only a blank screen opens up. I can see the RTSP
DESCRIBE, SETUP, etc packets and the video RTP packets being sent via
Wireshark, however no playback is observed. Other transport stream files
can be played back fine using the same method. I realize this is a very
general question, but do you have any ideas on what is happening? As I
mentioned, VLC can playback the files in question fine locally, and
Live555MediaServer streams other transport stream files perfectly with
similar RTSP/RTP output. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Sarah