[Live-devel] working with MJPEG streams with frame width > 2040 (and even 2048) pixels.

Andrey Filippov elphel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:55:04 PST 2007

Ross,

Some time ago we needed a patch to be able to receive MJPEG stream from our
cameras (3MPix -  2048x1536) at that time. That was implemented and RTP
width of 0 was treated as 2048. But sensors get bigger and the that is not
enough anymore.

Elphel cameras provide the frame size information in SDP file
("a=x-dimensions:width,height") and Spectr implemented a patch that does
that - if the dimension is 0, it uses the data from SDP file (like with
other video formats).

Patch is tested with MPlayer with 5MPix MJPEG video stream from Elphel model
353 camera, the only change in the MPlayer itself was to replace that
notorious "maximal frame size of 50,000" (we used just width*height for the
frame buffer size).

Patch is available  at Elphel project page at Sourceforge (
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105686&package_id=120785&release_id=555832)
- can you please take a look at it ?

Andrey