[Live-devel] Raw data streaming

frederic_live555 live555 at dreier.cc
Tue Nov 27 04:07:57 PST 2007

Hi,

I try to write an extension to live555 in order to stream (RTSP) raw
data together with video and audio.

so far I wrote :
- a custom DrfSubsession (extds OnDemandServerMediaSubsession) which
return a custom Sink and a custom Source.
- a custom DrfRTPSink (extds MultiFramedRTPSink) but I do not actually
understand its role.
- a custom DrfRTPSource (extds FramedSource) which do nothing (I will
implements doGetNextFrame1 later).

Now, I am still trying to make it run but I do not understand :
- what should I implement in RTPSink? what is its role
(doSpecialFrameHandling & specialHeaderSize)?
- how should I implement DrfSource::doGetNextFrame1() : may I use the
whole frame (fTo to fTo+fMaxSize), is fDurationInMicroseconds important?

I hope I was enough precis. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Frederic