[Live-devel] Streaming a H.264 file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 5 01:20:12 PDT 2007

>I've implemented my own H.264 framer and testH264AudioVideoStreamer,
>and the test program is now streaming RTP/H.264 packets to a VLC
>client and I can see the video playing on the VLC client.
>But after running for a while, I get this error:
>
>About to throw NO_MORE_BUFFERED_INPUT!
>twH264VideoStreamParser::parse() EXCEPTION (This is normal behavior
>- *not* an error)

Why do you think that's an error, when the comment in the code
explicitly says that it's not?  There's nothing wrong here.  This is
just a C++ language exception (*not* an error) that is raised
whenever the StreamParser's buffer runs out.  (It tells the code that
more data needs to be read from the upstream source.)

The *real* error is this:

>*** glibc detected *** ./testH264AudioVideoStreamer: free(): invalid
>next size (normal): 0x086923a8 ***
>======= Backtrace: =========
>/lib/libc.so.6[0x9b9efd]
>/lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x90)[0x9bd550]
>/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6(__cxa_free_exception+0x3c)[0x255a4c]

I have no idea where this error is occurring, but I see no evidence
that it's occurring in the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.  Perhaps
it's occurring in your new code - e.g., when it's handling a read
from the downstream object?

>My test program runs on Linux. I've tried to increase "BANK_SIZE" in
>StreamParser.cpp from 150,000 to 1,5000,000 but no difference.

This is a 'red herring'.  As I've noted, this C++ language exception
is *not* an error; it's the code working normally.