[Live-devel] Packet loss in case of high bit rate mpeg4 streams

Nitin Jain jnitin at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Thu Oct 11 04:13:53 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply. We further debug this issue and trace the problem to

Line100 :- makeSocketNonBlocking(fGS->socketNum()) in RTPInterface.cpp file.

If we comment out this line there is no packet loss observed for high bit rate streams .This code is recently added in the codebase.We are using WinXP Pro for both RTSP server and client.

We were using oldcodebase for testOnDemandRTSPServer and newcodebase for LIVE555MediaServer hence this explain the earlier mail.Sorry for that.

Regards
Nitin