[Live-devel] Ever-slowing frame-rate =(

Chad Ata Chad_Ata at Brightcom.com
Wed Oct 17 11:17:43 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the feedback.

I got a chance just now to test against VLC and I was able to get more
specific error messages:
main warning: late picture skipped (677621)
main warning: backward_pts != current_pts (400000)
main warning: backward_pts != current_pts (-40000)
main warning: late picture skipped (97585)
main warning: backward_pts != current_pts (-280000)
main debug: decoded 42/108 pictures
main warning: backward_pts != current_pts (240000)
main warning: late picture skipped (285592)

I'm relatively confident that I'm broadcasting the 25fps -- or at least
close to it. So I'm thinking that maybe my encoder is setting weird
presentation time stamps on the MPEG frames. whatever it is i think i'm
cursed =)

any more info would always be appreciated,
thanks !
-Chad

             Ross Finlayson
             <finlayson at live55
             5.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  LIVE555 Streaming Media -
             live-devel-bounce         development & use
             s at ns.live555.com          <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
                                                                        cc

             10/16/2007 22:07                                      Subject
                                       Re: [Live-devel] Ever-slowing
                                       frame-rate =(
             Please respond to
             LIVE555 Streaming
                  Media -
             development & use
             <live-devel at ns.li
                ve555.com>

>I've tried setting fDurationInMicroseconds to 0 and fPresentationTime to
>gettimeofday(...), but that didn't help.

Because you're reading from a live source (which delivers frames in
'real time'), it should be OK for you to do this.  However, because
you're still seeing your problem when you do this, this suggests tat
the problem is that your source object is not generating/delivering
frames at the correct rate.