[Live-devel] Ever-slowing frame-rate =(

Chad Ata Chad_Ata at Brightcom.com
Thu Oct 18 22:51:51 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

Sorry, but I'm confused about this. This is what i did:
I saved my mpeg frames to a file. Then I played the file in VLC and
QuickTime. Both played fine and at full framerate.

Then I took testMPEG1or2AudioVideoToDarwin and streamed the file I had
saved to my Darwin server. Then using VLC and Quicktime I rtsp connected to
the announced sdp file and played back. VLC played at full frame rate.
QuickTime played at 4fps.

Other than generating the mpeg file, my code was not involved in any of the
streaming. Are you saying my encoder encoded incorrect pts values into the
actual MPEG frames (and it only showed when streaming not playing locally)?

Thanks again. I much appreciate your input.
-Chad
-

             Ross Finlayson
             <finlayson at live55
             5.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  LIVE555 Streaming Media -
             live-devel-bounce         development & use
             s at ns.live555.com          <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
                                                                        cc

             10/18/2007 22:27                                      Subject
                                       Re: [Live-devel] Ever-slowing
                                       frame-rate =(
             Please respond to
             LIVE555 Streaming
                  Media -
             development & use
             <live-devel at ns.li
                ve555.com>

>Do you think this is a bug in testMPEG1or2AudioVideoToDarwin,
>MPEG1or2VideoStreamDiscreteFramer, or MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink? or none of the
>above?

None of the above.  The bug appears to be in your source object -
i.e., your new code that generates MPEG video frames.  It appears to
be generating/delivering frames at too slow a rate.

You're on your own here, unfortunately...