[Live-devel] Problem with PLAY command

Ivica Arsov ivica.arsov at int-edu.eu
Mon Oct 22 08:23:52 PDT 2007

Hi

I have a problem with sending PLAY command from the client.

I am creating both the client and the server.
The server is an On Demand server. It loads an MPEG-4 files
and streams the content. Some of the tracks are streamed using TCP
and other using UDP.
When i connect to the server, everything is ok, the session and its
subsessions are setup, and the data is transmited. The problem is
when i send a PLAY command from the client for some subsession.

The client send the command and then it hangs in
RTSPClient.cpp : 1178 : if (!getResponce("PLAY",....
because the server is not sending a responce. With further investigation
i could see that the server recives the command in the function
RTPInterface.cpp : 320 : void SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler(...
and gets stuck in the do...while loop on line 333 because it is expecting
a '$', but this character is not in the command.

It was strange that this handler was used, so I found that the handler
for that socket at the start of the server was
RTCPInstance : 313 : RTCPInstance::incomingReportHandler(..
but it was changed when processing the "automatic" PLAY command
in the function
RTCPInstance : 297 : RTCPInstance::addStreamSocket(....

How do i solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Ivica