[Live-devel] H.264 presentation time

Engin Kurutepe kurutepe at nue.tu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 22 15:05:13 PDT 2007

Hi,

The encoder configuration of your H.264 file is also important
besides those two live555 parameters. If you are using hierarchical B-
pictures, FFMPEG and therefore VLC do not support them correctly. In
my experience GOP up to 8 frames works OK, but larger GOP values with
hierarchical B-pictures can create visible decoding artifacts in
FFMPEG/VLC, even if you set those parameters correctly.

Cheers,
Engin.