[Live-devel] Problem on install Live555 media server in ubuntu

Chia Swee Chuan chiasweechuan07 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 01:45:17 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have problem on install live555 media server in my ubuntu machine.

First, I download  Pre-built binary versions
-"live555MediaServer<http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/linux/live555MediaServer>"
for Linux at http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/ . After that, I cd the
directory where I store the
"live555MediaServer<http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/linux/live555MediaServer>"
and type "live555MediaServer" to run it. The result coming out is:

bash: live555MediaServer: command not found

Since this pre-built binary version is not available for my platform, I try
to build the application myself from source code as suggested. I download
the project source code which is a ".tar.gz" file and untar it to a
directory. Then, i start to build the code and I am no problem on running
command "./genMakefiles  linux " and also "make". When I try again to run
the "live555MediaServer" at directory live/mediaServer/ by typing
"live555MediaServer". The result was the same as following:

bash: live555MediaServer: command not found

Is that an thing wrong on my procedure on install the live555 media server?
Your kind advise please.

Thanks and regards,
Chia Swee Chuan