[Live-devel] ByteStreamFileSource

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Sep 10 11:06:12 PDT 2007

> Q: What is ByteStreamFileSource::fPlayTimePerFrame for?
>
> It's used to implement the (optional) "playTimePerFrame" parameter
> in "ByteStreamFileSource::createNew()".
> --

Yes, I did look at the code for this, but I don't understand what
"playTimePerFrame" actually does.  Does it request that each
"getNextFrame" call grab a "frame" that represents a specific amount of
play-time in the stream?  As an application programmer, when would I want
to specify playTimePerFrame to ByteStreamFileSource?

Thanks! Xo