[Live-devel] can't stream - unsupported RTSP server error

yyang at commscope.com yyang at commscope.com
Tue Sep 18 15:06:01 PDT 2007

Ross,

The instructioins say media file must be stored in the current working
directory. What is the current working directory? My Live server is saved
in /root.
Frank

Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
Sent by: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com
09/18/2007 04:41 PM
Please respond to
LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use <live-devel at ns.live555.com>

LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Live-devel] can't stream - unsupported RTSP server error

But when I ran mplayer stream. I got the "unsupported RTSP server" error
as below. Any idea what's wrong?

The real error is the "404 Stream Not Found" error from the RTSP server.
The "LIVE555 Media Server" returns this error because it does not support
".avi" files.

See <http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/> for a description of the types
of files that can be streamed by the "LIVE555 Media Server".