[Live-devel] can't stream - unsupported RTSP server error

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 19 14:49:37 PDT 2007

>Hi,
>When I did mplayer rtsp://... I saw some errors below, for example
>"ADecoder init failed". However I can play the same video file in a
>mounted nfs folder (the output is pasted below as well). What do I
>need to do to make mplayer rtsp working?

I don't know.  The LIVE555 RTSP client code seems to be working, but
for some reason the rest of MPlayer is not.  You'll need to ask a
MPlayer mailing list for help on this.

Alternatively, you can use VLC <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/>, which
I prefer over MPlayer.  (The VLC website also has pre-built binary
versions for most platforms.)