[Live-devel] Question about Q value for Jpeg Video

Дима Зинченко dimazzz80 at mail.ru
Wed Sep 19 21:37:36 PDT 2007

As I understand from the code, the Q value cannot be extracted from Jpeg header and has to be specified manually. I noticed that image quality of the transmitted JPEG video depends significantly on this value. But, as I understand from reading libjpeg docs, there is no standart to scale of the Q, and different applications can understand same value differently. So, is the Q value I have to provide to live library the same that I specified to libjpeg to compress the image? libjpeg uses 0-100 scale by default, but this can be changed to (more standard?) 1-255 scale.