[Live-devel] (no subject)

Bob Koninckx bob.koninckx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 03:06:13 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

I am wondering what theproper way s to clean up a live555 filter chain.
Our application consists of a MultiFramedRTPSource, connectd to a Sink
which we deried from MediaSink.

I understod from the archivs on this list that the proper way to shut
things down is to do something like

sink->stopPlaying();
Medium::close( sink );
Medium::close( source );

Now my problem is: where and how do I get these lines to be executed ?
startPlaying is called right before starting up Live555's event loop.
But then my main thread is just looping forever in
scheduler->doEventLoop();

The decision to stop playing is mede completely asynchronous from the
media stream itself. Think of a media player application where a user
decides he is no longer interested in the stream he is currently
watching by clicking some button.

Any sugestions wouldbe greatly appreciated. I've been studying examples
ad code for quite some time now but did not really find an answer.

Thanks,

Bob