[Live-devel] question about vlc & live555

ruru605 ruru605 at 163.com
Sat Sep 29 11:22:03 PDT 2007

Hi, everyone
   I compiled vlc with --enable-livedotcom --with-livedotcom-tree=path successfully.Then  I add some debug information in liveMedia and open 2 vlc as a server and a client, after testing I have some questions as follows:
  1. I used server vlc to stream a ts file into RTP stream and the client vlc to accept it. The debug information of liveMedia comes out at the client side but do not at the server side, which seems means that the server is not using the liveMedia. Is this the fact?
  2. I tested the vod rtsp streaming of vlc by using the VLM part following the steps on http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch05.html, and the fact is almost the same as the former. The server side does not have debug information of liveMedia.

 I found direction vlc/modules/stream_out, is vlc using another library instead of liveMedia at the server side? Can you tell me why this happens and I appreciate very very much.
Best regards
Ben

ruru605
2007-09-30